Although working from home has a lot to offer as it gives us flexible hours. We get to spend more leisure time with family, friends, and our dear ones. No more formals, we can work in comfy clothes and a cozy environment. Work from home is a challenge and has some setbacks.
The challenges reported by remote workers are their lack of motivation to get up for work. Difficulty to stay organized and keep them disciplined. It is hard to create a work-life balance with a load of work and targets to achieve. Remote workers are supposed to sacrifice their leisure time if a client is demanding to deliver work on specific deadlines.
The biggest challenge to work remotely is a lack of social interactions and difficulty connecting with other colleagues. There are many chances of miscommunication or disconnect within teams when we are working remotely. A successful way to increase productivity is by organizing a virtual team building meeting and pieces of training. These activities allow collaboration efficiently.
Team building activities help the teammates to meet 5 main objectives as follows:-
- To increase knowledge of the specific job roles/different processes/also requirements of the new clients.
- To develop a change in workers’ attitudes towards their responsibilities and behavior towards other team members.
- To increase the possibility of bonding between team members and hence improve the workplace environment.
- To identify other talents and personal interests of the teammates.
- To help freshers know more about the organization and increase the chance of networking.
- To promote the earn and learning culture in the environment
- To let the workers take fun breaks and feel happy and fulfilled working for the organization.
There are many ways in which people can make virtual team building a super fun activity. It allows the teammates to bond over the things that do not relate to their work but focus on entertainment.
These types of training and meetings help the workers to improve their performances. It also helps them to feel more motivated to do their tasks. These activities allow them to contribute effectively to the company. Such team-building makes workers believe that their organization is investing a lot in them to make sure they are at ease.