There are a lot of people who are now working from home, and that trend is only expected to grow. While working from home has a lot of benefits, it can also be a bit of a challenge to create a space that is both comfortable and productive. That’s why it’s important to have the right accessories to make working from home a breeze. Here are some of the top accessories for working from home:
- A comfortable chair: This is a must-have for anyone who is working from home. You’re going to be spending a lot of time sitting in your chair, so it’s important to make sure that it’s comfortable. Invest in a good quality chair that you can adjust to fit your needs.
- A standing desk: A standing desk is a great way to change up your working position throughout the day. It’s also a great way to get a bit of extra exercise. If you can’t afford a standing desk, there are a lot of DIY options that you can try. We would recommend EZ Shopper’s standing desk range if you are based in the UK.
- A laptop stand: If you’re going to be working on your laptop for long periods of time, it’s important to have a laptop stand. This will help to keep your laptop at the right height and prevent neck and back pain.
- A noise-cancelling headset: If you live in a noisy environment or if you just want to be able to focus on your work, a noise-cancelling headset is a must-have. There are a lot of great options on the market, so take your time to find one that works well for you.
- A printer: A printer can be a lifesaver when you’re working from home. Whether you need to print out documents or photos, it’s important to have a printer that’s easy to use and reliable.
- A scanner: A scanner can come in handy if you need to scan documents or photos. It’s also a great way to digitise old paper documents that you need to keep for reference.
Staying productive whilst working from home
There are plenty of benefits to working from home – no commuting, more flexible hours, and being able to work in your PJs if you want! But it can also be a challenge to stay productive when there are so many distractions around. Here are some tips to help you stay on track:
1. Set up a dedicated work space.
If possible, try to set up a dedicated space in your home that is just for work. This will help you to get into the right mindset for being productive. Make sure your workspace is comfortable and well-lit, and that you have everything you need to hand.
2. Set regular hours
Treating your work-from-home job like a regular 9-5 job will help you to stay focused and productive. Decide what hours you are going to work each day, and stick to them as much as possible. Of course, there will be days when you need to be flexible, but having set hours will help to keep you on track.
3. Take breaks.
Working from home can be quite isolating, so make sure you take regular breaks to stretch your legs, get some fresh air, and take a few minutes to yourself. This will help you to avoid burnout and stay refreshed and focused.
4. Set goals
Start each day by setting yourself some achievable goals for the day ahead. This will help to keep you focused and motivated, and you’ll feel a sense of accomplishment when you tick them off your list.
5. Avoid distractions
It can be easy to get side-tracked when working from home, so try to avoid distractions as much as possible. Turn off the TV, log out of social media, and put your phone on silent. If you need to, let your family and friends know that you’re working and can’t be disturbed. following these tips will help you to stay productive whilst working from home. Just remember to be flexible – some days will be more productive than others!
If you want to know about staying productive whilst working from home, we would recommend checking out this article from Forbes.